Project proposal СВ005.2.23.004 „Sozopol and Edirne – United for culture and tourism“ was submitted in April 2018 in priority axis 2 “Tourism”, specific objective 2.3 Increasing networking for development of sustainable tourism through cross-border cooperation initiatives.
Grant Agreement under the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA) № РД-02-29-139 was signed on 31.08.2020 under the Interreg IPA CBC Bulgaria – Turkey Programme 2014-2020.
Project partners of the project:
• Municipal Institute of culture „Museum centre“ Sozopol, Bulgaria, Lead partner;
• Directorate of Museum Edirne, Turkey, Project Partner 2.
The total budget of the project is 98 637,82 euro.
The implementation period of the project is 14 months, from 01 September 2020 to 31 October 2021.
The budget for Municipal institute of culture „Museum centre“ Sozopol is 55 743,30 euro.
The overall objective of the project proposal is increasing the potential for sustainable development of tourism of the two cultural institutions by preserving, developing and promoting the cultural and historical heritage.
The specific objectives are:
- To foster preservation of cultural and historical heritage for the future generations;
- Attracting the next generations to participate in the project activities;
- To stimulate the application of modern trends in Museology for development of tourism;
- To increase the capacity of the employees of both cultural institutions in organizing and conducting initiatives for development of sustainable tourism.
- Organization of events – exchange of experience „ Modern trends in Museology“ – Two events will be held: 1 in Turkey and 1 in Bulgaria;
- Restoration and Conservation of Sanjaks – expert will preserve and restore authentic sanjaks of the Ottoman Empire;
- Supply of exhibition and storage units for Sozopol and Edirne;
- Publicity and information;
- Training „Skilful and useful“ – trained 16 people in 4 crafts;
- Organization of exhibition;
- Organization and conduction of festival “Sozopol delight”.
Target groups covered in the implementation of the project activities:
Employees of cultural institutions, residents of both cities;
Guests and visitors to the cities;
Newlyweds / Married in the “Wedding” hall in Sozopol;
Travel agencies, hoteliers, restaurant owners, food producers.
After the completion of the project, both partners expect to achieve the goals set under the project:
Restored and preserved cultural and historical heritage;
Participation of people in trainings for the preservation of local arts and crafts;
Realized joint networking events in the cross-border region;
Conducted initiatives raising the awareness for development of tourism through sustainable use of natural, historical and cultural heritage.